- get a count-down timer
- pick a task
- set the timer to 25 minutes (aka. a pomodoro)
- work on the task, with no interruptions until the pomodoro ends.
- add an(other) 'X' mark next to the task (even if it's not completed).
- take a short break (3-5 minutes). after four pomodoros, take a longer break.
- while task not complete, go to step 3.
- after a task is completed, count the number of X's to get a sense of the time spent on it.
- time management should be simple
- frequent breaks improve mental agility [ref which I don't really understand :-)]
- increased awareness of the time spent
- reduce the time spent on distractions